Q1FY19 Consolidated Performance:
- Total Revenue (including other income) at Rs. 714.5 Cr YoY growth of 22.0%
- EBITDA at Rs. 87.0 Cr, YoY growth of 21.2%
- PAT at Rs. 45.7 Cr, YoY growth of 27.5%
Mumbai, 13th August 2018: Galaxy Surfactants Limited, a leading manufacturer of performance surfactants and specialty care products with over 200 product grades used in Home and Personal Care industry, has announced its unaudited financial results for the Quarter ended June 30th, 2018.
|Galaxy Surfactants Limited (Consolidated Results)|
|Particulars (Rs. Cr)||Q1 FY19||Q1 FY18||YoY%||Q4 FY18||QoQ%||FY18|
|Sales Volume (in MT)||52,477||45,564||15.2%||49,914||5.1%||197,429|
*Includes other income
- Total Revenues including other income Stood at Rs. 714.5 Cr for Q1FY19 as against Rs. 585.4 Cr in Q1FY18, up by 22.0% YoY. Growth in revenues attributable to sustained growth in volumes of performance surfactants and specialty care products
- Total volumes stood at 52,477 MT for Q1FY19 as against 45,564 MT in Q1FY18, up by 15.2% YoY
o Volume growth has been driven by all three customer segments MNCs, Regional and Local
o India, AMET and ROW markets grew at 14%, 6.3% and 35% respectively
o Performance Surfactants volumes stood at 33,654 MT for Q1FY19 up by 12.5%
o Specialty Care Products volumes stood at 18,823 MT for Q1FY19 up by 20.4%
- EBITDA for Q1FY19 stood at Rs. 87.0 Cr as against Rs. 71.8 Cr in Q1FY18 up by 21.2% YoY
- EBITDA per tonne stood at Rs. 16,579 for Q1FY19 as against Rs. 15,758 in Q1FY18, leading to sustainable growth in EBITDA
PAT stood at Rs. 45.7 Cr for Q1FY19 as against Rs. 35.8 Cr in Q1FY18 up by 27.5% YoY
- We are in process of setting up a representative office in China, for direct presence in the growing Chinese markets. We expect the same to operationalize by end of Q2 FY19
Commenting on the performance Mr. U. Shekhar, Managing Director, Galaxy Surfactants Limited said
“The Company continued to attain new heights and has started the year with optimism. Post a healthy performance in FY 18, we have posted a strong volume growth of 15% for Q1FY19. We have witnessed volume growth across both our product segments.
The India and AMET markets continued to register growth above the industry growth rate whereas the ROW market outperformed on the back of a strong performance registered by the specialty care products segment.
Enhancing value for our customers is a key facet of our Research and Development. Our “Consumer to Chemistry” approach with application support has been one of the pillars behind the customer value proposition and growth over the years. This requires a continuous alignment of our innovation programme to the growing consumer needs with improved standards of health and environmental safety.
The first quarter has set the tone and we remain confident of maintaining the Q-1 momentum in the ensuing quarters.”