New Delhi, November 27, 2018: HDFC Bank today unveiled its next-gen mobile banking app that offers users effortless access to their bank account on the go. The next-gen app allows customers to bank the way that they live.
It has simple, intuitive navigation and incorporates features such as biometric log in for enhanced security and access. It also eliminates all financial and technical jargon for users by grouping transactions into 3 easy to understand categories — Pay, Save, and Invest. Customers can view a dashboard that offers a 360 degree financial snapshot of all assets and liabilities with the bank.
The 120+ transactions available on the app have been selected based on an intensive study of existing navigation and usage patterns coupled with customer research and feedback. Click here to watch a demo of the mobile banking app.
Some features of the next-gen mobile banking app:
- Biometric log-in with fingerprint and facial recognition (iPhone X) for enhanced security
- Simple navigation based on customer needs like Pay, Save, Invest
- Notification by the app on bill and utilities payments
- Simpler terms for all transactions such as ‘Transfer Money’ instead of ‘Fund Transfer’
- Smart and intuitive technology that intelligently chooses between NEFT/IMPS or RTGS depending on the size and timing of the transaction
- Customized profile pictures like any social media channel
- Personalised notifications and display based on consumer’s usage and needs.
The new banking app was launched at the Bank’s annual Digital Innovation Summit 2018 (DIS) in New Delhi. The Digital Innovation Summit is a marquee event for the bank to showcase and launch innovative products and services that ride on technology.
Both the next gen mobile banking app and DIS 2018 are testament to the continued focus by the bank to harness cutting edge technologies for potential application to enhance customer experience. The bank has also leveraged DIS for the next-gen app, with past winners such as BugClipper and Senseforth collaborating on features of the new app.
Speaking about the new launch at DIS 2018, Mr. Nitin Chugh, Country Head – Digital Banking, HDFC Bank said, “The next-gen mobile banking app is effortless and intuitive, allowing you to #BankTheWayYouLive. We recognized the power of the mobile right from the launch of our ‘Bank aapki muthhi mein’ campaign on the banks of the Ganges in 2014. Today, the way that people use the mobile is constantly evolving and our next-gen app reflects this evolution. The next gen app is one more step by the Bank in its on-going journey to become a constant part of customers’ life, understand their needs and give products and services that offer a real time experience.”