The 790 Duke marks KTM’s entry into India’s growing superbike segment
· Introductory price of INR 8,63,945/- (Ex- showroom, India), Bookings start today across 9 cities
23rd Sept 2019, Mumbai: KTM, The World’s No. 1 premium motorcycle brand, announced the launch of the much awaited 790 Duke today. True to its “Ready to Race” philosophy, KTM has an unparalleled legacy in motorsports with over 300 world championships spanning over 66 years. Since its entry into India in 2012, KTM has grown it’s presence across 365 cities & 460 stores. KTM has built a strong customer base of over 2 lac biking enthusiasts in this short period of time. The partnership of Bajaj Auto Limited & KTM is over 12 years old, with Bajaj Auto Limited owning ~48% stake in KTM AG.
KTM 790 Duke is the sharpest and the most precise mid-weight superbike. Naked in the appearance but sporty in its delivery, the bike has a cutting edge design, incredibly nimble handling and leading levels of performance to put the rider fully in control in all the situations. It is the perfect testimony to KTM’s excellence in engineering and design leading to an agile and powerful riding experience with the highest degree of precision, whether on street or on the track. It boasts of an all-new compact 799cc LC8c parallel twin engine, a first for KTM, nestled into one of the lightest frames around which makes it an exceptionally capable, lightweight and agile package. Built for torque, this liquid cooled 8 valve, DOHC unit delivers 87 Nm at 8000 rpm with a roaring 105 HP Power to match the sporty character of the bike.
The most differentiating aspect of the 790 Duke is that it guarantees the highest levels of riding precision, managed by an advanced ECU. This ECU controls a host of electronic aids like the Motorcycle Stability Control with Cornering ABS, Motorcycle Traction Control & Motorcycle Slip Regulation, all of which work in tandem to reinforce a sense of confidence & control in the rider.
Speaking on the occasion Sumeet Narang, President (Probiking) at Bajaj Auto Ltd. said “The super-premium motorcycle segment in India has been picking steam over the last few years, backed by a growing performance biking culture. KTM has nurtured a base of over 2 lac biking enthusiasts in the last 7 years through its Duke and RC range, with never seen before technology and performance. With 790 Duke, we present our best and most unique offering loaded with a host of first-in-class features like Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) with Cornering ABS, Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC), Motor Slip regulation (MSR), 4 ride modes and Quickshifter+ that marks KTM’s emphatic entry into the rapidly growing superbike segment.”
The booking for the bike will commence today at selected dealerships across nine cities in India including, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Surat, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Guwahati at an introductory price of INR 8,63,945/- (Ex- showroom, India).
Ownership plan with Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd.
· Down payment of only Rs 1.70 lacs (the price of a regular supersport bike)
· EMI of only 19,000 for 5yrs
· At a low interest rate of 7.75%
· Includes cost towards registration and insurance.
· (Terms & condition apply, finance at the sole discretion of financer )
KTM 790 DUKE HIGHLIGHTS
· Extremely powerful parallel twin, 4-stroke, 799 cc DOHC engine with electronic fuel injection with dual balancing shafts and ride-by-wire throttle for a smoother and more refined response.
· Ultralight tubular Chromium Molybdenum steel frame with a cast aluminum subframe for weight savings
· Powerful braking systems featuring Cornering ABS by Bosch with lean angle sensitive Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC)
· Quickshifter+ with Motor Slip Regulation (MSR) for smooth clutchless up and down-shifting.
· 4 Ride Modes (Sport, Street, Rain and Track) with varying Throttle Response & Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC)
· Track mode offers utmost customization for the refined Riders with 9 step adjustable traction control, Adjustable Throttle Response, Switchable ABS with launch control.
Other Exciting Features:
· 43 mm open-cartridge upside down front forks by WP for excellent response and stability.
· High quality gas assisted WP rear shock with progressive spring and preload adjustment.
· WP steering damper fitted as standard and setup to feel as natural as possible, giving the rider a secure feeling while keeping the agile riding character of the bike.
· Multifunctional dashboard with full-color TFT display is bright and clear.
· Tapered aluminum handlebar is adjustable in 4 positions on the triple clamp and can be rotated in three further positions.
· Die-cast, open-lattice swingarm is precisely manufactured and has been optimized for stiffness and stability while still offering excellent flex characteristics.
· LED headlight and LED daytime running lights.
· Sharp aggressive styling runs from the front to the rear for a look that is pure DUKE.