- The program offers scholarship worth INR 60 lakhs to 30 YES ASPIRE Scholars
- Students will also be offered Pre-Placement Interviews with YES BANK
- Year-long mentorship for YES ASPIRE scholars from YES BANK leadership
Mumbai, March 2017: YES BANK, India’s fifth-largest private sector bank, today awarded 30 students from top 15 B-schools across India with the YES ASPIRE scholarship. Launched in 2015, ‘YES ASPIRE to INNOVATE’ is a scholarship program aimed at grooming India’s future leaders and has been conceived with the belief that India’s future as a global socio-economic powerhouse lies in realizing the untapped potential of our youth.
Under this thought leadership initiative of YES BANK, 30 exceptional scholars from India’s Top B-schools have been identified and rewarded a scholarship worth INR 2 lakhs each, along with PPIs. The selected scholars will also receive mentorship from YES BANK leaders, which will enable them to become Professional Entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
Speaking about YES ASPIRE, Mr. Rana Kapoor, Managing Director & CEO, YES BANK and Chief Mentor, YES ASPIRE said, “At YES BANK, it is our constant endeavor to interact with the youth and channelize their entrepreneurial spirit in the right direction. I believe today’s young and aspiring leaders are creating a tectonic shift in the entrepreneurship ecosystem in India through Design Thinking, Innovation and Creativity. In line with YES BANK’s ethos of Professional Entrepreneurship, YES ASPIRE scholarship aims to nurture the dreams and aspirations of India’s budding business minds and be the wind beneath their wings.”
The third edition of YES ASPIRE was launched on January 16, 2017, and 1871 students registered for the program. The Top 30 YES ASPIRE scholars were selected after four rounds of rigorous evaluations, including
- CV shortlisting– on the basis of holistic academic performance, extracurricular activities, leadership qualities and involvement in social initiatives
- Gamification– game-based psychometric profiling to assess the core competencies of applicants
- Statement of Purpose – Video Submissions– shortlisted students had to share a video stating their goals and aspirations and how this program will help in their journey
- Interviews– of the 1871 students, 60 students were interviewed by YES BANK leaders
In November 2016, YES BANK concluded the fifth edition of its flagship B-School program – Transformation Series. YES ASPIRE is another such initiative by the Bank to engage with business schools across India.