PAT up by21.4% at Rs.203 Crore
For the Quarter ended March 31, 2019(Q4FY19):
· Total Revenue stood at Rs. 5,033 crore, up by 32.1% y-o-y
· EBITDA of Rs. 377 crore; y-o-y growth of 27.9%
· PAT stood at Rs. 203 crore; y-o-y growth of 21.4%
· Basic EPS for Q4FY19 stood at Rs. 3.25, as compared to Rs. 2.68 for Q4FY18
· 12 stores were added in Q4FY19
For the Year endedMarch 31, 2019(FY19):
· Total Revenue stood at Rs. 19,916 crore, up by 32.7% y-o-y
· EBITDA of Rs. 1,642 crore; y-o-y growth of 22.8%
· PAT stood at Rs. 936 crore; y-o-y growth of 19.3%
· Basic EPS for FY19 stood at Rs. 15, as compared to Rs. 12.57 for FY18
· 21stores were added in FY19
Mumbai, May 11, 2019: Avenue Supermarts Ltd. (ASL), one of the largest food & grocery retailers in India,today declared its financial results for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2019.
Total Revenue for the quarter ended March 31, 2019 stood at Rs. 5,033 crores, as compared to Rs. 3,810 croresin the same period last year, reflecting a growth of 32.1%
Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) in Q4FY19 stood at Rs. 377 crores, up by 27.9%. The company’s EBITDA margin is at 7.5% in Q4FY19 as compared to 7.7% in Q4FY18.
Net Profit is at Rs. 203 crores for Q4FY19, as compared to Rs. 167 crores inthe same period last year. PAT margin is at 4% in Q4FY19as compared to 4.4% in Q4FY18.
Basic Earnings per share (EPS) for Q4FY19 stood at Rs.3.25, as compared with Rs. 2.68 for Q4FY18.
Total Revenue for FY19 stood at Rs. 19,916 crores, as compared to Rs. 15,009 croresfor FY18, a growth of 32.7%. EBITDA in FY19 stood at Rs. 1,642 crores, up by 22.8%. EBITDA margin is at 8.2% in FY19 as compared to 8.9% in FY18.
Net Profit is at Rs. 936 crores for FY19, as compared to Rs. 785 crores inFY18. PAT margin is at 4.7% in FY19 as compared to 5.2% n FY18.
For FY19 Basic EPS stood at Rs.15 as against Rs. 12.57 for FY18.
D-Mart follows Everyday low cost – Everyday low price (EDLC-EDLP) strategy which aims at procuring goods at competitive price, using operational and distribution efficiency and thereby delivering value for money to customers by selling at competitive prices.
Commenting on the financial performance of the company Mr. Neville Noronha, CEO & Managing Director, Avenue Supermarts Limited, said, “FY19 saw further improvements across key operating metrics. Store additions were below our expectations, we could have done better. Same store sales growth at 17.8% is encouraging. It further validates our strategy of value retailing – providing good quality products at great value.”